It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to I Interpret the Sprint Backlog Burndown Chart?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Mar 12 '14, 5:01 a.m.
Hello,

I am using RTC 4.0.3 for an Agile project and I don't understand how to interpret the Burndown chart provided in a sprint backlog.

I have correctly created and estimated all tasks associated to the stories planned for my sprint and resources are currently working on them until completion.  Whenever I look at the burndown chart, though, it always looks like 
this:

It is not very useful.  I was expecting a burndown chart rather than two lines that don't really tell me much.  Am I doing something wrong?  I expect the remaining work line to start at the top of the y-axis and start to descend towards 0 over time.

Please help!

Best regards,

Andrew

2 answers

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Mar 12 '14, 5:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Do you have the etl-jobs configured to collect the information for the data warehouse?

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Mar 12 '14, 5:24 a.m.

@hajo62

Hello and thank you for your reply!
I don't know if the etl jobs are configured correctly since I unfortunately do not have access to the admin pages.
What I can add is that there is also a Shared Report called "Burndown" that doesn't provide data in the filters, so I think the etls might be the problem.  What do you think?
Regards,
Andrew

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Mar 12 '14, 5:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 12 '14, 5:49 a.m.
Yes. This is a possible reason and I think you should ask your admin to check, if the etl jobs are configured and running.
The status can be checked at:
https://<your-server>/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.reportsManagement.etlStatus

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.