It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I process share Requirements Composer templates and types across project areas?

Andy Phillipson (10431418) | asked Apr 18 '13, 12:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
retagged Apr 22 '13, 2:37 p.m. by Douglas Bush (28125)

I want to create a requirement artifact template and multiple requirement types and associated attributes and share them among multiple "consumer" RRC project areas.

If there is no process sharing feature like RTC has then how do I do this and maintain standards across multiple projects areas following instantiation of a RRC project area?  In other words, using a template at creation does not aid in long term maintenance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Apr 18 '13, 12:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Andy,

Your observation of the "Import" button in the Project Properties page is correct. The Import Project Properties (aka "Type System Copy") feature was introduced in RRC 4.0.1, and it allows copying of type system information across multiple projects. You may want to look into ReqIF to see if that offers any more flexibility for what you are trying to achieve, but for now it sounds like Type System Copy may be your best option. Here's some more information on ReqIF if you're interested:

Thanks,
Mike Jaworski
Andy Phillipson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rogério Ramos da Silva commented Aug 30 '13, 9:25 a.m.

I see such solution the only and best way to do this, but when you have a large number of PA´s out of date its become a hard work. I've not seen any solution to normalize it in a batch operation.

One other answer

permanent link
Andy Phillipson (10431418) | answered Apr 18 '13, 12:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It appears as though the "Import" mechanisim on "Manage Project Properties" page is the answer (?)  Although if I maintain a single "process template" project with templates, types, attributes, etc. and I need to update 20 other project areas with an new and improved set of properties it could be somewhat laborious.

Is this best (only) way to do this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.