It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Leaving team server running: is the content in the help up to date ? thought current version of jazz server runs on 64 bit instead of 32?

Cherifa Mansoura (13389) | asked Apr 01 '13, 9:07 a.m.
retagged Apr 01 '13, 2:28 p.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
Help link: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_run_rqm64_win_service.html
to take you to the content:
<<Currently, the 32-bit version of Apache Tomcat that is installed with Jazz™ Team Server does not run as a service on 64-bit Microsoft Windows computers. To run Jazz Team Server as a service on a 64-bit computer, you must replace the 32-bit version of Apache Tomcat with the 64-bit version>

Need help on how to run and start up a team server automatically even if I log-off.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.0k33645) | answered Apr 01 '13, 10:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Your link shows v3r0. Try v4r0 instead or go to the download page of your version.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 02 '13, 3:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You want to configure Tomcat as a service so that it gets started in a system context as soon as the server is started.

permanent link
Lisa Caten (342913) | answered Apr 01 '13, 2:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I see 2 questions:
  1. Is the help content up to date?
    As Ralph pointed out, your URL is to the v3 help. The version 4.0.1 Running in Apache Tomcat as a Windows service topic is up to date.
  2. How do you start a team server automatically and keep it running when you log out of Windows?
    I don't know of a way to do that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.