It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Confguration done on a single server with a path and a public URL set, but my external users cannot access the rm application via web?

Cherifa Mansoura (13389) | asked Mar 31 '13, 6:54 a.m.
retagged Mar 31 '13, 5:43 p.m. by Douglas Bush (28125)
Hello...What am I missing in the config? have properly configured jts and added rm as the only application. Tomcat is being used as default.  The path that I used is :https://<servername>:9443/jts. External users cannot seem to have access to the server via the web  using the public url that has been set? why? what is missing? The host file has the line added with the proper URL ? (added: 127.0.0.1  hostname)..Do I need to change 127.0.0.1 to the server IP address? Thanks for helping?

Comments
Douglas Bush commented Mar 31 '13, 5:43 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Cherifa, In addition to Ralph's comments below, here a help topic that provides an example of the URL for access RM repositories:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m2/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_log_in_webui.html
I hope this helps,
- Doug

Cherifa Mansoura commented Apr 01 '13, 3:02 a.m.

thanks Ralph...changed the string 127.0.0.1 and it worked...

Doug..article helped  as I was missing the /web and without it the access was not possible.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 31 '13, 8:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Cherifa, 127.0.0.1 is an address that is used as an internal loopback on every machine. You can not reach another machine using this IP at all. You need to provide the host name with a valid IP address in the clients host files or by DNS.
Cherifa Mansoura selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Cherifa Mansoura commented Mar 31 '13, 8:34 a.m.

Do you mean each client host file? If 5 users are going to be using their machines and access the server via the web..we will have to update each of the host file of each machine? How about starting up the server ?How to configure the server so it can start up automatically, every time its on? Thanks Ralph!

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 31 '13, 8:55 a.m.

In a real network you use DNS or DHCP instead of the hosts file. The clients query for the host name and get the IP address resolved.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 31 '13, 8:56 a.m. | edited Mar 31 '13, 8:57 a.m.

And look up the help how to setup Tomcat as a service in order to automatically start it up on server startup. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.