It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Developers Taskboard Column Display won't display more than 3 columns (4.0.1)

Mike Shkolnik (9809161143) | asked Mar 27 '13, 2:51 p.m.
We upgraded from 2.x to 4.0.1 and the Developers Taskboard view is dropping the 4th column from the view. It shows in "Column Display" when I edit the view, but the view does not show the 4th column (and the 3 "columns" that are showing are actually showing in rows, not columns). I adjusted the % numbers (tried 50, 10, 10, 30) and that made no difference. I also tried adding a 5th column but nothing beyond the 3rd column shows in the view. The 4 "columns" that must show in the view (and worked fine in 2.x) are:

Summary
Original Estimate
Corrected Estimate
Effort Tracking (which is Time Remaining for us)

I can't get the team to update their stuff if a field they need to update doesn't show!

One answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1491115) | answered Mar 27 '13, 3:57 p.m.
edited Mar 27 '13, 3:58 p.m.
This is a known limitation since v.3.0.x. See my other question with link to defect.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/66500/how-can-i-make-the-stickers-on-the-taskboard-bigger

As a workaround, train the people to use the Incontext Edit in the Menu on the title bar of the Sticker. Maybe you have to enable some fields in the editor within your process. This is quite efficient too.

Comments
Mike Shkolnik commented Mar 27 '13, 4:15 p.m.

Wow. Disappointing. And it's listed as an Enhancement with Normal severity when in fact it broke functionality that was working in 2.x.

Guido Schneider commented Mar 27 '13, 5:06 p.m.

I completely agree. I was not aware that this was different in 2.0. I started with 3.0.

Please give this comments on the work item. It's bad, that a functionality used daily by 1000th of people is not a best in class functionality. 
The tool gets it's reputation by the end users and not by the managers. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.