It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Attribute Customization : Script based Condition not mandating the Date (Time Stamp) attribute

prabhu Rao (1125) | asked Sep 15 '17, 1:16 a.m.

Hi All,

I need to have a script based condition where the dependent Time Stamp attribute (Outage Start Date) should become mandate when theĀ  other Enumeration attribute (System Outage) is "Full Outage".
I am able to get the asterisk mark for the Outage Start Date, when I select the 'System Outage' as 'Full Outage',
But when I save the work item, I am not getting any error messages saying "Attribute "Outage Start Date" not set".

Why conditions are not working for Time stamp, I can able to save even 'Outage Start Date' is 'None'?

I have configured this script with the pre-condition 'Required Attribute for Condition' and Dependencies for the attributes also.

Request you to assist on this.

Regards,
Prabhu

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 15 '17, 1:48 a.m.

Have you tried to debug your code on the server side? That's where you can prevent the work item from being saved.

prabhu Rao commented Sep 15 '17, 2:09 a.m. | edited Sep 17 '17, 9:09 p.m.

Hi Donald,

Thanks for you quick reply.

I have added this Pre-Condition for Save Work Item (Server) only.

Thanks,

Prabhu.

Donald Nong commented Sep 17 '17, 9:11 p.m.

You still need to debug, and at least make sure the script does get executed - depending on your role assignments and configuration, it may not get executed at all.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.