It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

E-mail others based on Filed Against query

Bernie Bonn (21910) | asked Jul 15 '13, 3:28 p.m.
edited Jul 15 '13, 4:12 p.m.
 HI,

I am looking for a way to notify other operations teams about the status of applications and services.   We have created an "Filed Against" parameter called Onboarding.   I would like to either subscribe these users to the work item, e-mail them a link or make the work item available via RSS so they are not surprised when it is deployed, released, etc...

Is this possible via UI, or will I have to use the API.  If API any direction or documentation on getting started?  

Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 15 '13, 3:54 p.m.
there is nothing builtin to provide this support. you could write an extension (participant) to do this processing.

you could also create a query that lists these workitems and then use that query in an RSS feed that would show in the users Team Artifacts - Feeds section in Eclipse.

Comments
Bernie Bonn commented Jul 15 '13, 4:09 p.m.

Thanks Sam!

Sounds like an OK option, can these feeds still be accessed if they are not eclipse (or even RTC users) users?  

sam detweiler commented Jul 15 '13, 4:18 p.m.

I personally have not seen an external feed reader against RTC feeds.  doesn't mean there aren't any..

the user authentication was the main problem last time I tried this (over a year now)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.