It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

E-mail others based on Filed Against query

Bernie Bonn (21910) | asked Jul 15 '13, 3:28 p.m.
edited Jul 15 '13, 4:12 p.m.
 HI,

I am looking for a way to notify other operations teams about the status of applications and services.   We have created an "Filed Against" parameter called Onboarding.   I would like to either subscribe these users to the work item, e-mail them a link or make the work item available via RSS so they are not surprised when it is deployed, released, etc...

Is this possible via UI, or will I have to use the API.  If API any direction or documentation on getting started?  

Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6189201) | answered Jul 15 '13, 3:54 p.m.
there is nothing builtin to provide this support. you could write an extension (participant) to do this processing.

you could also create a query that lists these workitems and then use that query in an RSS feed that would show in the users Team Artifacts - Feeds section in Eclipse.

Comments
Bernie Bonn commented Jul 15 '13, 4:09 p.m.

Thanks Sam!

Sounds like an OK option, can these feeds still be accessed if they are not eclipse (or even RTC users) users?  

sam detweiler commented Jul 15 '13, 4:18 p.m.

I personally have not seen an external feed reader against RTC feeds.  doesn't mean there aren't any..

the user authentication was the main problem last time I tried this (over a year now)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.