It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is the workitem and workflow can be customized in team area to override the project area?

haizi wu (6054248) | asked Oct 24 '12, 4:25 a.m.
Hi all:
The online help says:

"Team areas inherit the process and timeline of their parent, which can be the project area or a parent team area. They can customize the aspects of the process and when allowed, override all or portions of it."

I have some team area added to the project area, but I found I just can customize some aspects of the process such as role , permission, pre-conditions and even handler

Can I customize the workitem and workflow which like in project area?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 25 '12, 12:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The work item types and workflow can only be defined in the project area, and cannot be modified in a team area.  In general, if you open up the project area editor in the Eclipse client, and look at the Process Configuration tap, the entries under "Project Configuration" can only be specified in the project area, while entries under "Team Configuration" can be specified in both a project area and a team area.   Roles can also be specified in both project and team areas.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.