It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Workflow State field shows state then all actions in drop-down..instead just show all actions and the state separate

Barb Oxenford (231113) | asked Mar 18 '13, 9:39 p.m.

I was wondering if someone can tell me if in the Workflow State Attribute on the defect form heading, can, instead of showing the State mixed with all the Actions in the drop-down.

(The  Attributes Kind is of type “Workflow State” yet it shows all next possible Actions, with the state as the default.)

I’d like to show the State in one location on the form.   Then, a separate field with the Actions in a drop-down, maybe with the default “Choose next Action” value!

3 answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Mar 19 '13, 2:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
the transitions among states are based on the workflow action and so when you are in a particular state and wanting to move to some other state, instead of directly selecting the resultant state, its more appropriate to select the action and the state would get computed automatically. 

you can chose what state will transition to what resultant state on what action from the workflow editor. 

more details on the way workflow is designed and supposed to act is documented in https://jazz.net/library/article/1003/#workflows

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Mar 19 '13, 3:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Although you can contribute your own attribute presentation, I would not suggest to do so.
Jim Ruehlin posted a blog about a solution we found to make the workflow more visible here at wordpress.

permanent link
Barb Oxenford (231113) | answered Mar 19 '13, 10:56 a.m.
Can the workitem State be displayed on the Form as Read Only?  (in an additional location as to where the action needs to be taken.)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.