It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to reset a password in RTC?

Laura Fato (44178) | asked Mar 15 '13, 10:40 a.m.
retagged Mar 15 '13, 2:23 p.m. by Hadar Hawk (1882214)
Hi, i created some users to make some tests but I don't know what is the inicial password of them. I try to reset the password but I have the exception:
CRJAZ0711I "Mail notification is not enabled. Mail notification must be enabled to reset the password."

In the User's Mail Configuration looks like the Mail notification is in fact enabled. I am really confused...

Can somebody help me with this?

Thank you very much! Best Regards,

Laura

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Mar 15 '13, 11:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
for the default password, its same as the username ...
Laura Fato selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Mar 15 '13, 10:50 a.m.
Hello Laura

Please try the steps here, under the section 'Manually editing the Tomcat-users.xml file':

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21460741

-Sumant

permanent link
Hadar Hawk (1882214) | answered Mar 15 '13, 2:23 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Information on creating users, including the default password, can be found in this help topic: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/taddnewuser.html

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered Mar 15 '13, 10:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Laura.

To reset the password, you need to enable the Mail notification setting. I guess you might not set this up, during the jts/setup.

In order to set this up, you will need a smtp server (that can be contacted from your Jazz Team server).

Once you have this, follow the steps mentioned below:
1) Go to jts/admin page
2) Browse to Advanced properties section on the server page.
3) Search for the "com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.mailer.MailerService" section and update the smtp settings.

You just need to update the "
E-mail From Address" and "SMTP Server" hostname/Ip address and save the settings.

Now try to reset the password, you should be good to go.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.