It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.1: Can we choose roles for the "Required Approval" precondition in the "Save Work Item (Server)" operation?

Frank Ning (50024111131) | asked Mar 14 '13, 11:07 a.m.

Hello,

For the "Require Work Item Approval" precondition of "Deliver (Server)" operation, we can specify the "Required Approval" based on roles. However, I don't see this nice feature for the "Required Approval" precondition in the "Save Work Item (Server)" operation.

Basically I also would like to control the work item state transition via approval from a specific role for a specific sate. Right now, I can only require all "Approval"s are approved but not part of them based on roles.

Is this part of 4.0.2 or 4.0.3 plan items to enhance? Or I could open an enhancement request?

Thanks and regards

Frank

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k512) | answered Jul 10 '13, 2:25 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can specify that all Roles X need to have required approvals to save the work item.
However, you cannot specify that all Roles need to have Role X approve the work item before it can be saved.
(I am not sure which configuration you are looking for)

For the latter, this feature is not in 4.0.2, and I do not think it is in 4.0.3 (would need verification though).
I would recommend opening up an enhancement request for this feature; I agree it is a good candidate.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.