It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.1: Can we choose roles for the "Required Approval" precondition in the "Save Work Item (Server)" operation?

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Mar 14 '13, 11:07 a.m.

Hello,

For the "Require Work Item Approval" precondition of "Deliver (Server)" operation, we can specify the "Required Approval" based on roles. However, I don't see this nice feature for the "Required Approval" precondition in the "Save Work Item (Server)" operation.

Basically I also would like to control the work item state transition via approval from a specific role for a specific sate. Right now, I can only require all "Approval"s are approved but not part of them based on roles.

Is this part of 4.0.2 or 4.0.3 plan items to enhance? Or I could open an enhancement request?

Thanks and regards

Frank

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jul 10 '13, 2:25 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can specify that all Roles X need to have required approvals to save the work item.
However, you cannot specify that all Roles need to have Role X approve the work item before it can be saved.
(I am not sure which configuration you are looking for)

For the latter, this feature is not in 4.0.2, and I do not think it is in 4.0.3 (would need verification though).
I would recommend opening up an enhancement request for this feature; I agree it is a good candidate.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.