It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insight server goes down unexpectedly

Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | asked Mar 14 '13, 10:38 a.m.
I have an Insight 1.1.1 server that is running on Windows with the warehouse and content manager databases on the same local system.

Occasionally, the Insight server is found to be unavailable and I always find this in the cogserver.log file:

com.cognos.pogo.contentmanager.coordinator.ActiveCMControl        Failure    <messages><message><messageString>DPR-DPR-1035 Dispatcher detected an error.</messageString></message><message><messageString>Failed to send HTTP request or read HTTP response</messageString></message></messages>    DPR-CMI-4007 Unable to perform an active Content Manager election on the local IP node. For more information, see the dispatcher and Content Manager detailed logs. Ensure that the local Content Manager service is started.Failed to send HTTP request or read HTTP response com.cognos.pogo.bibus.CommandExecutionException: Failed to send HTTP request or read HTTP response
I confirmed that DB2 is still up and WAS is still running - what could be causing this repeated failure?

2 answers

permanent link
Junli Wang (5512) | answered Mar 19 '13, 5:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jackie, some questions:
1. did you configure multiple dispatchers on the report server?
2. in cognos configuration, did you use localhost or hostname or full-qualified domain name in content manager URI? If this is a all-in-one environment, localhost is recommended. It may happen that full-qualified domain name can not be resolved if DNS server fails.

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Mar 19 '13, 8:56 a.m.
We only have 1 dispatcher and have used localhost in the URI values.  I'm not sure what else to check.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.