It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insight/Cognos is Redirecting to old URL?

Dave Evans (14812846) | asked Aug 30 '16, 11:21 a.m.
Greetings,

I have a mucked up installation of Rational Insight/Cognos where there is both a host name and an alias. The alias starts with a number, which is apparently not allowed when you want to use a valid certificate for multiple alternative names.

I went through the teamserver.properties files for JTS, CCM, and RM and made sure the custom reports connection is set to use the non-numeric URL for /reporting, but it seems that the reporting application itself is redirecting to the alias name (bad).

I am wondering if there is a setting in Cognos or Insight that I need to change...or what is keeping the URL stuck at the alias beginning with a number?

Thanks,

Dave

2 answers

permanent link
Dave Evans (14812846) | answered Oct 28 '16, 2:32 p.m.
Someone please tell me this and I'll mark it as the answer:

This is what resolved it for us: The jazzns_config.xml file from the RRDI\cognos\configuration directory specified an incorrect URL for the report server. We updated the report server URL and restarted WebSphere hosting reporting, and all was well.

Other things to check:
Check the "Custom Reports Connection" page in the Reports section in JTS, RTC, DOORS, and QM Administration pages
Go to the "Advanced Properties" section in the JTS Administration page i.e. https://server:port/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureAdvanced, and check the "Trusted URIs for client authorization and redirection" property
Check the cmplst.txt file from the RRDI\cognos directory.
Check the jazzns_config.xml file from the RRDI\cognos\configuration directory.
Check the cogstartup.xml file from the RRDI\cognos\configuration directory.

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Aug 31 '16, 4:27 a.m.
Hello Dave,

you can check in IBM Cognos Configuration what do you have under Local Configuration > Environment for all the URI properties, like Gateway URI and the others.

The values should either use the new URL or localhost.

Best Regards

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Dave Evans commented Aug 31 '16, 11:58 a.m. | edited Aug 31 '16, 11:59 a.m.

I ensured the Gateway URI and Dispatcher URI are set to the new URL in the Cognos Configuration tool, but something is still redirecting to the old URL. I don't see anywhere in Cognos Config with the bad alias being used.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.