It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BuildForge 7.0.2.0008 upgrade

Jozef Vandenmooter (16332933) | asked Mar 07 '13, 2:28 p.m.
Hi,

I'm upgrading a BF 7.0.2.0008 (which corresponds to 7.0.2 iFix2 I presume) install to 7.1.1.3 (to be able to go to 7.1.3.4).
Environment is Win2k8R2 and SQL_Server 2005

The instructions say to install 7.1.1.3 on the server on which 7.0.2 runs, however, we also need to move BF to different server, so I installed 7.1..1.3 on a separate server and got it to work there perfectly.

When migrating the configuration data I run into problems. I copied the buildforge.conf from the 7.0.2 server to migrate.conf on the server on which i installed 7.1.1.3. Running bfmigrateconfig -ms resulted in an error "Unable to connect to database" at first because I hadn't created an additional ODBC connection yet for the old database on the new server (duh).

Running bfmigrateconfig -ms now results in the following error:

CRRBF1450I: Your Build Forge schema doesn't appear to exist. run the installer or bfschema to create it.

CRRBFEEEEE: DB Migration Config Is Invalid

Can you tell me how to fix this? I hope the solution is not installing BF 7.1.1.3 alongside 7.0.2 on the same server.

Thanks!

Jozef

2 answers

permanent link
Jozef Vandenmooter (16332933) | answered Apr 02 '13, 11:00 a.m.
edited Apr 02 '13, 11:01 a.m.
Our problem was that the bfmigrate tools do not copy data from one SQL_Server database to another. Multiple schemas have to be used within the same database (a bf702 schema that's associated with the original data, a bfscratch schema because our version of BF was pre-7.0.2 iFix 2 and a bf711 schema).

A second problem was that the type of the 7.0.2 bf_store.bf_uid column was varchar(32). That means that column in the staging table is created as varchar(32) as well but the migration tools attempt to copy varchar(64) data to it.

Jozef

permanent link
Robert haig (1.0k16) | answered Mar 08 '13, 3:01 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This doc describes the process you are trying to execute.  One of the steps is indeed installing 7.1.1 along side 7.0.2
https://jazz.net/downloads/pages/rational-build-forge/7.1.1.4/M2/images/BuildForge-InstallGuide-M2.pdf

If you continue to have problems, I suggest opening a PMR for support assistance. 

Comments
Jozef Vandenmooter commented Mar 08 '13, 5:04 p.m.

Thanks for the reply. That document is functionally identical to the one for 7.1.1.3 I'm using:

ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/rational/buildforge/7.1.1/7.1.1.3-RATL-BF-FP3/BuildForgeInstallGuide_en_US.pdf

I opened a PMR and it turns out the version of BF we're running is even older than I thought. I also requires creating a Scratch database.

Jozef

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.