It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Web upgrade fails when upgrading CLM server on IBM i from 4.0.1 to 4.0.3

Jim Diephuis (22710) | asked Jul 17 '13, 3:02 p.m.
edited Jul 22 '13, 3:42 p.m. by Kevin Doyle (60425)
I have an IBM i that was running version 4.0.1 of CLM. Everything was going fine until I ran the was_upgrade.sh command. After it worked for awhile I got the following screen:

Any idea how to get past this? It is doing an upgrade, why did it not expect to find this war file and replace it? Now my server has diagnostic issues because some service did not start. The server itself did not appear to get switched over because RDi gives me an error that the server is the wrong version to work with my 4.0.3 level RTC. Worst case, is there a way to back off everything? I have the databases backed up and I can reinstall the product on the system if I need to but I don't know what might be messed up in the WAS server.

Comments
Jim Diephuis commented Jul 17 '13, 3:06 p.m.

Looks like the image does not want to come in here. The message I am getting is:
updateCLMApp:  : installing the application/QIBM/Proddata/JazzTeamServer403/server/clmhelp.war
WASX7017E: Exception received while running file "/QIBM/UserData/JazzTeamServer403/script_py/CLMUpgrade.py"; exception information: com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: WASX7279E: An application with name 'clmhelp.war" already exists. Select a different name.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jul 22 '13, 12:13 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Per your first comment - There is no way to back off everything unless you restore the DB.
In the upgrade process, the
  • DB gets upgraded
  • Product code is upgraded (WAR files)
In this case, it looks like your DB was upgraded, but the product code was not. Try to delete the existing WAR files from WAS and re-deploy the 4.0.3 files.
Jim Diephuis selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jim Diephuis commented Jul 22 '13, 12:22 p.m.

That is what I ended up doing today. It appears to have worked. I deleted the WAR packages and then reran the upgrade was script. Still, would be nice if the upgrade would have done that, as the custom install script did not say anything about having to do that before running the script.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.