It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any restriction over a Work item and multiple Components associated with it or Crossing W.I. and Components?

Otavio Areias (1323) | asked Mar 05 '13, 9:50 p.m.
I've received lots of messages from members of some teams from my project about problems either with  Work items with multiple components associated with it or with multiples work items related with same component when promoting changes from development stream to test stream. 

For example, I have a stream with ComponentA, ComponentB and ComponentC. 
  • In the Work Item #3 there's change related with ComponentA and ComponentB 
  • In the Work Item #4 there's change related with ComponentB and ComponentC
When the integrator member is executing the promotion of changes from Development Stream to Test Stream, it shows a message saying that is not possible to promote the changes. Some co-workers are saying that is caused by assigning multiples components with a Work Item, but I think that isn't the problem, could it be something like two developers working on different work items related to changes in the some component/file and one of them hasn't delivered his/her change yet and generating a sort of dependent change?

By the way, is there some easy way to solve this kind of promotion conflict? How to find the change set related with it?

I'm sorry if it sounds like dumb questions, but I'm a newbbie with Jazz and i hasn't found the documentation topic about it.

TIA

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.