It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How could I configure relogin interval?

Di Tang (441813) | asked Feb 27 '13, 3:10 a.m.
edited Feb 27 '13, 3:13 a.m.
 Hi, we are using RTC3.0.1.3, and as we know, after logging in to RTC in web browser,  if we have a period of time not in use, we will be asked to log in again.

My question is: Is there any way to configure the log in timeout period? and How?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Feb 27 '13, 4:48 a.m.
edited Feb 27 '13, 4:50 a.m.
 This is determined by the session-timeout value in the deployment descriptor for your application.

If you're running on Tomcat you can edit the web.xml file directly:

<session-config>
    <session-timeout>15</session-timeout>
</session-config>
 If you're running on WAS then the setting needs to be set through the console - the following looks like the right field:

Applications -> WebSphere enterprise applications -> <application> -> Session management -> Session timeout
Di Tang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Di Tang commented Feb 27 '13, 4:55 a.m.
Thank you for your reply and I already found the setting you said. But I have a furthur question, Is that mean the timeout period only determined by my tomcat/WAS?

Jared Russell commented Feb 27 '13, 5:25 a.m.

That's my understanding, yes. With regards to your other question about license & token timeout, this refers to the amount of time a license is assigned to a user.

E.g. if your session timeout is 60 mins and the license timeout is 30 mins, potentially a user could go away for 45 mins and still be logged into the tool but might no longer have a license if all of the licenses are now in use.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 27 '13, 6:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Jared, thanks for that answer, the default of 6 hours tells me why I never see the session timeout happening.

With respect to the license timeout, the default is 120 minutes for floating licenses, and I think you are not supposed to change it, because it might violate the license agreement.

Di Tang commented Feb 27 '13, 8:23 p.m.

Jared and Ralph, thanks for your answer. I think Jared's answer is right and I will do some test later.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.0k33645) | answered Feb 27 '13, 4:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have read this some times in the forum. If I use Jazz.net, I don't have to login, neither do I have to with all my test systems on my machine - ever. I have discussed this with several people and got several hints why this could be happening to people. Most of the hints were about infrastructure related settings that are company/site specific.

• There is infrastructure around that can and do drop connections after some idle time
  • Other settings could probably cause this as well, such as application server settings
  • We have seen issues with LTPA timeouts when running performace tests against IHS/WAS, where you can change the LTPA timeout. I have been told, that the timeout should not affect a regular user.  

So, I am not aware of a timeout in Jazz that would force logging in again. If anyone knows any that I have been missing, please correct me. I would rather check with the infrastructure teams,if there are settings that could cause this.

Comments
Di Tang commented Feb 27 '13, 5:02 a.m.

Hi, Ralph, thank you for your reply!

I found there are some setting about license timeout and token timeout, but I'm not sure those setting affect it or not.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.