It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Values of custom attributes are empty in CSV file exported from plan

vikrant kamble (1323196) | asked Jun 13 '17, 8:09 a.m.

I have project area created from formal project management template. I created a phase plan in project. We have some custom attributes i.e. High Estimate, Low Estimate and Average Estimate in work item. We have configured plan view to display these attributes.
Plan view is Work Breakdown and Schedule, attributes configured in this view are Summary, Id, High Estimate, Low Estimate, Average Estimate.
Whenever I export CSV file for a plan, I am getting values for Summary and Id attribute in CSV file but not for custom attributes which are High Estimate, Low Estimate, Average Estimate.
Is there anything that I am missing while exporting CSV for plan ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 13 '17, 9:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 13 '17, 9:31 a.m.

As far as I can tell, export in the plan only exports the data of interest for MS Project into an XML file
There is no configuration available that I would be aware of, so you can only export what it exports.

If you want to export more data to - to CSV, you export from a work item query. in the work item query export you can select which attributes to export by providing the columns to export.

vikrant kamble selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
vikrant kamble commented Jun 13 '17, 9:19 a.m. | edited Jun 13 '17, 9:28 a.m.

Is it the case that we will not get attributes values of Custom Attributes in exported CSV file of plan?

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 13 '17, 9:35 a.m. | edited Jun 13 '17, 9:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

So next try.

1. From a plan you can only export XML data (I am looking at RTC 6.0) - again see the details above
  2. You can export CSV from queries and you can export custom attributes from there provided the attributes are selected; you can export from the Eclipse client and from the Web UI

vikrant kamble commented Jun 13 '17, 9:47 a.m.

I am able to get results via work item query.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.