It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can the Jazz server be made to remember me at the server name domain level ?

David Fox (11112) | asked Jul 12 '13, 4:02 a.m.
Hello. This is my first post to Jazz.
I receive many notifications from each of three Jazz servers that I am a member of. These notifications come from different work items, typically, and each different work item has a unique url to connect to that work item through a browser.
IF I am already logged into that browser, it will take me straight to the work item - no problem.  If I am not logged in, the click of the url will load the page and ask for my login id and password. If I regularly go to that artefact, I click remember me and it will remember my user id and all I have to do is log in with my password.  If I haven't been to that url previously or haven't clicked "remember me" for that artefact, I have to enter my ID and password. 

Can "remember me" be a function of the jazz server domain name - not each specific artefact url please ?

ie no matter which unique artefact I go to, when I go to any url on server : jazznnn.<location.<org>.com it remember's my id.

Many thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 12 '13, 7:25 a.m.
you have to implement Single Sign On to log you on once across multiple systems.

the default we browser sessions do not span different servers

permanent link
David Fox (11112) | answered Jul 12 '13, 7:55 a.m.
Thanks for that answer. single sign-on (sso) has been considered within our organisation and sso across multiple servers will reduce the number of sign ons required however, doesn't answer the request I am making here. I would like to configure each individual server to "remember-me" at the jazz server name - domain level so any new artefact url doesn't ask for my id.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jul 12 '13, 8:14 a.m.

that 'remember me' feature is done via a cookie set in the browser for each matching domain URL. I don't believe there is a way to set cookies for potential future URL's

sam detweiler commented Jul 12 '13, 8:17 a.m.

the specific cookie is 'net-jazz-ajax-cookie-rememberUserId'

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jul 12 '13, 8:09 a.m.
First a comment on SSO: If RTC is a distribueted topology, then for SSO to work, RTC would need to be installed on WebSphere.  This is because Tomcat does not support SSO.

..and to answer your question, this functionality is not currently available in RTC.  I would suggest openning an enhancement request.  This can be done by 1) Select the "My stuff" link in the upper right hand corner of this page. 2)  Then select work items 3) Select open a defect 4) You will need to relog into jazz.net to access the project area 4) change the type from defect to enhancement an  then 5) fill out the work item

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.