It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm.exe documentation

Chris Cawthorne (962819) | asked Nov 13 '08, 9:28 a.m.
Is the scm command documented anywhere?

'scm help' will tell me about the scm options, commands and sub-commands, but I can't find any way of finding out what arguments are required for any particular sub-command. For example, 'scm help list' tells me that there's a sub-command called 'remotefiles' but this appears to require additional arguments, and I can't find out what these are (other than by guesswork).

2 answers

permanent link
David Brauneis (50611) | answered Nov 13 '08, 9:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would suggest starting here:

https://jazz.net/jazzdocs/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/c_scm_cli.html

Regards,
David Brauneis
IBM Rational Build Forge Architecture & Development

cawthorn wrote:
Is the scm command documented anywhere?

'scm help' will tell me about the scm options, commands and
sub-commands, but I can't find any way of finding out what arguments
are required for any particular sub-command. For example, 'scm help
list' tells me that there's a sub-command called 'remotefiles' but
this appears to require additional arguments, and I can't find out
what these are (other than by guesswork).

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Nov 13 '08, 4:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For example, 'scm help list' tells me that there's a sub-command called 'remotefiles' but this appears to require additional arguments, and I can't find out what these are (other than by guesswork).

You can run 'scm help list name-of-the-subcommand-you-care-about', so 'scm help list rf' will tell you the arguments to show the remote files. Then end of the 'scm help list' message states this.

The required arguments change depending on your location in the filesystem. If you're running in a directory that you've loaded or shared, then you don't need to specify a repository for (most) operations.

e

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.