It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Stop associating work items with changesets?

Chris Selzo (4642) | asked Jun 10 '11, 11:06 a.m.
It seems that RTC takes the last work item you marked as in progress and automatically associates it with any new changesets you create. This poses a problem since I may have marked an item in progress and added a comment, even in a different project area, yet when I create a changeset, it is associated.

I see in the Infocenter that you can "stop working", but that puts the status back to new. Is there any way to NOT automatically associate a work item to a changeset?

3 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jun 10 '11, 12:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It seems that RTC takes the last work item you marked as in progress and automatically associates it with any new changesets you create. This poses a problem since I may have marked an item in progress and added a comment, even in a different project area, yet when I create a changeset, it is associated.

I see in the Infocenter that you can "stop working", but that puts the status back to new. Is there any way to NOT automatically associate a work item to a changeset?
If the work item is marked as the current work item in the Eclipse client, it will associate the work item to new change sets. You'll see this on the right side of the bottom trim. If I remember correctly, the only way to stop this is to not mark work items as in progress because that is what causes the current work setting to change. The problem, as you found, is it changes the in progress status.

In 3.0, this was changed so that marking a work item as in progress doesn't set it as the current work. It also doesn't change the in progress status when you clear the current work item. So you'll have to work around it until upgrading to 3.0.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 10 '11, 12:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The semantics of this operation has evolved from release to release.
For example, in 3.0.1, you would use the "remove as current work" menu item.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 6/10/2011 11:08 AM, clselzo wrote:
It seems that RTC takes the last work item you marked as in progress
and automatically associates it with any new changesets you create.
This poses a problem since I may have marked an item in progress and
added a comment, even in a different project area, yet when I create
a changeset, it is associated.

I see in the Infocenter that you can "stop working", but
that puts the status back to new. Is there any way to NOT
automatically associate a work item to a changeset?

permanent link
Chris Selzo (4642) | answered Jun 10 '11, 12:44 p.m.
Great to hear that it's easier in RTC 3 and up. Thanks for your help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.