It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What do the test case and test suite icons mean in RQM version 4.0?

Colin Thorne (22421619) | asked Mar 21 '13, 7:54 a.m.
retagged Mar 21 '13, 8:21 p.m. by Laura Kuczarski (21137)
Since moving to RQM 4, I see some new icons for items such as test cases and test suites when I look at the test suite execution records. For example:

What do these icons mean? I can't seem to reconcile the picture with the latest state of test execution record. For example, the test case execution record says pass, but the test case picture implies there is a failure.

Comments
Colin Thorne commented Mar 21 '13, 9:49 a.m.

I found out that the mismatch between latest state and the icon was because the test suites with a red X included a test suite execution record which was not assigned to an iteration, and this test suite execution record had failed in its last run (albeit several months ago).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Mar 21 '13, 8:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Colin,
If you look in the online help topic Testing -> Tracking the Test Effort > Tracking test execution status,  there will be some information on all of the icons you mentioned.
I have added a screen shot as well
Colin Thorne selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Colin Thorne commented Mar 21 '13, 9:12 a.m.

Thanks for the pointer to the online documentation. That is exactly what I wanted.

I found the help topic you mention in the online help on the jazz.net site.

In my defence at not finding it myself, my server is only on 4.0.0.1 and this topic doesn't appear in the online help for that version. ;-)

Thanks, Colin.

Ara Masrof commented Mar 21 '13, 9:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Colin,

No worries :-)
By coincidence, someone asked me the same question not too long ago, so I had 
topic bookmarked.
Glad it was helpful and thanks for the feedback

Ara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.