It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ability to Import at the folder level in RRC4

Homer Pope (15812226) | asked Feb 04 '13, 10:30 p.m.
 We have just upgraded to RRC4, and I have noticed that when viewing artifacts at the folder level, i have noticed that when hovering over a folder in the pop menu Import is no longer present.  Any reason what this was removed, we have build training around that option being available at the folder level, Is this  defect?

Comments
Robin Bater commented Feb 05 '13, 1:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Feb 04 '13, 10:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Homer,

There were more import options added in 4.0 where it made sense to create an Import wizard instead of having a selection for "Import CSV, Import ReqIF from file, Import ReqIF from project, Import Word Document, Import from text document..." at the folder level.  There were a few work items around adding an import wizard rather than having too many "Import" options:

50332: Move word import to common import location
47620: Combine multiple "import" options into a wizard with a single launching point

I'd suggest creating an enhancement if you'd still like to be able to invoke the Import wizard from the folder menu options as well.  Hope it helps,
Homer Pope selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.