It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Removing temp(?) files from the RRC plugin

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | asked May 23 '13, 6:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

On Windows 7, RRC installs the browser plugin is installed in the IBM sub-directory off your User directory (for example C:\Users\<username>\IBM).

I have seen what looks like temporary files buried in these directories - does anyone know which ones are safe to remove manually (assuming you have logged out of RRC)

Apologies, I don't have the files in front of me to say exactly what they are called.

thanks

anthony

2 answers

permanent link
Fabian Lomeli (2213) | answered Jun 04 '13, 5:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anthony,
I've found this information in my notes about temp folders.

Delete <user.home>\IBM\RRCAddOn-<$PLUGIN_VERSION$>\ff\config if Firefox is used or <user.home>\IBM\RRCAddOn-<$PLUGIN_VERSION$>\ie\config for Internet Explorer.  If the folder is unable to
be deleted, a browser restart may help.  Then the next time the browser is restarted, the browser add-on will be redeployed in the client.

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered May 27 '13, 4:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is the FAQ article regarding RRC browser plugin's, including uninstall and cleanup:
https://jazz.net/library/article/1088

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented May 27 '13, 4:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Bas - a very useful link.  I did not see any reference to temp files being created, or which files can be safely removed so will keep looking.

anthony

Bas Bekker commented May 27 '13, 4:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Agree, nothing about temp files. If it's a high priority to do that cleanup, you can remove the plugin and remove the complete install location, and then re-install.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.