It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does RRC's Administrative menu only show Manage Project Properties intermittently?

Joshua Boston (10277) | asked Feb 04 '13, 10:13 a.m.
 In a few projects on a production system's RRC, when a user clicks the Administration drop-down gear to select Manage Project Properties, that option only appears sometimes.  The user is an Administrator of the project and also a user with an Administrative role, and they have JazzProjectAdmin permissions and an Analyst license.

This behavior is being experienced by most users of the system.  Sometimes the menu option is there, sometimes it isn't.  I can't quite track down what triggers one state or the other, it appears random.  Is this a known issue, or is there something I can do to investigate?

One answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Feb 04 '13, 11:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In addition to being an administrator are they also a member of the project?

If they are and they are still having this behaviour then I suggest reaching out to Tech Support as anybody who has JazzAdmin permission, RRC Analyst CAL, and is a member of the project with Administrator role then they should always see this menu item.

Which version of RRC is being used as well also the browser version?

FYI: Some help topics
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.platform.doc%2Ftopics%2Frm_c_role_permissions.html
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_custom_artifact_attr_data.html

The latter link indicates the main trigger for "Manage Project Properties" is the Administrator user role.

Comments
Joshua Boston commented Feb 04 '13, 1:20 p.m. | edited Feb 04 '13, 1:37 p.m.

The user does have the administrative user role.  We have found that the most frequently functional method of solving this issue is to refresh the page.  However a new session will require the page be refreshed again to get the option back.  Additionally sometimes even a refresh does not bring the option into the menu.

Additionally we have just discovered that when a custom requirement type is defined with custom attributes, the text-field properties of the the new attributes are not editable until a refresh is done on the page, and only after waiting a while.  Is there some propagation issue that could relate to all this?

Robin Bater commented Feb 04 '13, 3:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Which browser versions are you using? I know the officially support version of FireFox with V4.0.1 is FF 10 ESR, as there have been some funnies with later versions with the intention of supporting FF 17 ESR in an upcoming release.

Robin Bater commented Feb 04 '13, 4:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also is this happening when somebody first opens ...rm/web and immediately goes to the administrator menu or is this after some time? I ask because I am wondering whether the web client has not fully cached the contents.

Does the contents appear if you wait a few mins?

Either way this sounds like a defect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.