It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to go from 3 servers to 1 consolidated super server?

Sabrina Hippert (158) | asked Jan 18 '13, 2:08 p.m.
My customer has a JTS Server, an RRC server and a CCM Server. Is it possible to combined these servers into 1 ?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 20 '13, 3:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 20 '13, 3:24 a.m.
Sabrina, I believe this can be done in certain cases. It is however dependent on your topology and URL's you used. It helps if you have a proxy. If not and you have different host names and ports in the URL's you would need to alias the host or server rename but this is not a supported scenario for what I know. Consider looking into the Administration Workshop for a topology setup that supports flexible splitting (and merging) of the servers. 

To merge, you would need to use backup/restore capabilities.

I would not recommend to do it, if there are no pressing reasons.

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jan 20 '13, 9:19 a.m.
Hi Sabrina

IBM CLM Solutions consists of JTS (Jazz Team Server), RQM(Rational Quality Manager/QM), RRC(Rational Requirement Composer/RM) and RTC(Rational Team Concert/CCM).
JTS is a server while the other three are applications that sit on this server.

You may either use all the three applications with one JTS server or can distribute them.

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards
Rajat

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 20 '13, 9:42 a.m. | edited Jan 20 '13, 9:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Rajat,

This is somewhat an oversimplification. See https://jazz.net/library/article/831 the administration workshop especially the distributed topologies and the proxy configuration for more detail.

JTS, CCM, RM, QM are all applications. CCM, RM, QM all need a JTS since 3.x and can share a JTS. However, all can run on shared or different application servers and shared or different machines.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.