It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Install update without upgrade.

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | asked May 10 '13, 2:51 p.m.
retagged May 12 '13, 10:11 a.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
CLM 4.0.1
WAS
Linux

Hello all, two questions on upgrading to 4.0.2:
  1. I have IM 1.5 on a server and want to install CLM 4.0.2 using IM1.6. Do I need to uninstall 1.5? 
    1. Or just use 1.5 and upgrade using a repository 1.6 download?
    2. Or just install 1.6 and use it to install CLM 4.0.2?
  2. Can I install 4.0.2 CLM and Build toolkit now and upgrade during Memorial weekend as long as I don't make any WAS changes or run upgrade scripts?
thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mark Guertin (5867) | answered May 10 '13, 2:57 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
You should update your IM 1.5 to 1.6 directly. Uninstalling IM would require you to uninstall all the products you had installed using IM, so I don't recommend this approach. Just use an IM 1.6 repository, and make sure you've checked the box under "File->Preferences->Updates->Search for Installation Manager updates". IM will do the rest.

For upgrading CLM 4.0.2, yes, you can install alongside, and then perform the update/migration when you are ready. As you said, just don't make WAS changes/run the upgrade scripts until you are ready. See: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Froadmap_clm_upgrade.html.
Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented May 10 '13, 3:17 p.m.

Thanks for the quick response. Since this demo unit does not have external web access, do I just point IM1.5 to the 1.6 IM first and do the upgrade? Then install the rest?

One other answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered May 10 '13, 3:48 p.m.
You can download IM 1.6.x from here and then copy it over to your demo environment. If you just run the IM 1.6.x install it will automatically detect and update you 1.5.x installation. And yes, do everything else after the IM upgrade.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.