It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Enterprise setup of RDM (Configurations, workspaces, etc.)

Jaco Viljoen (3247) | asked Jan 18 '13, 5:23 a.m.
We are not sure that we are setting this up the right way.

We want to use one “configuration” with multiple workspaces for the whole enterprise and all projects. We worry that this usage scenario will lead to an extremely large configuration that could potentially lead to all sorts of problems, performance and other. Is there somebody that have experience with an enterprise usage model for RDM?

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Leroux (2254) | answered Jan 18 '13, 10:06 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jaco,

We are working on a guidance paper here that I hope we will have available in the next month.   There were some basic articles written in October, including https://jazz.net/library/article/1112 that are for RSA DM but should apply to Rhapsody DM as well.

Depending on the size and number of models I would probably not recommend a single configuration space for all models in an enterprise.  Ignoring performance implications, my general guidance is to set up configuration spaces along producer/consumer lines and use the Dependencies mechanism to control the flow between the producers and consumers.  

Your intuition regarding potential performance problems (at least with the current version of DM) if the configuration becomes very large is correct though and at least for the short term this needs to be a consideration.

Dan

Comments
Ricky Fielding commented Sep 03 '13, 12:27 p.m.

Dan, can you post a link to the guidance papers you mention above?  Were they completed?  I would be very interested in seeing them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.