It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to connect my Rational Software Architect to Design Management Server?

Javaria Hameed (403847) | asked Jan 21 '14, 5:21 a.m.

I want to connect my Rational Software Architect to Design Management Server. I cant see Design Explorer in my RSA so that I can create a new connection for DM Server.

any help would be appreciated. thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Jan 21 '14, 5:27 a.m.
Hi,

In order to connect to RSA DM from your RSA installation, you need to install on top of RSA the RSA DM Client Extension.
For example for version 4.0.5, download the IBM Rational Software Architect Extension for Design Management Clients - Software Architect Client for Eclipse.

Regards,
François

permanent link
Javaria Hameed (403847) | answered Jan 21 '14, 5:46 a.m.
ok, i have installed RSA and i have a DM server, after installing RSA extension should I be able to connect RSA to DM?

Comments
Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jan 21 '14, 6:03 a.m.

Yes this is correct.

François

Javaria Hameed commented Jan 21 '14, 12:31 p.m.

every time i downloaded this package, this is found corrupted. what else should i do?

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jan 22 '14, 4:26 a.m.

Yes sorry. The file is quite big as it contains the clients for RTC as well.
We are working on reducing the size for the future releases.
Have you tried to use the suggestions outlined in the download tips page?
François

Javaria Hameed commented Jan 22 '14, 4:51 a.m.

I have downloaded RSADM client version 3.0 and every time I attempt to install client, IBM IM prompts same error:

Repository G:\RSADM_clients\disk1\ad cannot be opened directly. it must be opened thru disk 1 at G:\RSADM_clients\disk1\

i downloaded several times but no gain. Basically, I want to connect my RSA to DM server. There is no DESIGN EXPLORER is seen in my RSA. Import engine is configured and started though.

please anyone worked on this, do reply me. thanx

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jan 22 '14, 6:22 a.m.

What is the version of your DM server and your RSA installation?
From your previous post, it seems you were using version 4.0.x.
The client version should match the version of the server.
Additionally, version 3.0 is quite different from version 4.0 as it only allowed you to create comments, links or sketches to a resource.

Otherwise, when you add the repository to Installation Manager, you need to point to
...\RSADM_Client\disk1\diskTag.inf. See the other post.

Regards,
François

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.