It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

AD/Spam picking up: Can we add a limit for html links in posts that triggers notification to administrators and moderators?

Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | asked Jan 14 '13, 7:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Recently I notice an increased traffic of annoying spam/ad messages. I think we could catch a big amount of those automatically by some simple rules and at least get the moderators/administrators notified.

1. These posts typically have tons of links in there. No real question would generate so many links. Triggering a mail to the admins would allow them to delete the user quickly and get rid of the spam. It might even be sane to have a limit of links per post that would keep the post pending until someone reviews it and gives it a blessing.
2. Auto trigger on Premiere League soccer, NFL, NBA team names and either prevent publishing until the post got a blessing or notify the administrators about the post at least.

It might be a good idea to be able to flag a user (as opposed to a post) as creator of spam so that the admins can more easily remove them. I realized we had several new users with ridiculous names that had sent spam, where the spam was already deleted, so sometimes spam user slip our attention.

Just some thoughts.

One answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jan 14 '13, 8:32 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have filed a work item for the jazz.net team to look into this. Thanks for the thoughts!

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 15 '13, 1:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Millard, can you subscribe me to the work item? I posted here, because I could not locate the repo where these request are tracked.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.