It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can data collection jobs be run at the weekend?

John Owen (462422) | asked Jan 14 '13, 6:45 a.m.
edited Jan 14 '13, 10:34 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
Is it possible to choose the day(s) of the week when the data collection jobs run?

In Jazz V4:

The data warehouse section of the advance properties for /jts allows you to set the start time for the /jts data collection jobs and also the delay.

The data warehouse section of the advanced properties for an application (e.g. /ccm) allows you set the delay between runs of the data warehouse jobs for that application.  It defaults to a day but can be set to any value in seconds.  This means data collection jobs for the application can be run multiple times a day.

/jts/admin reports allows you specify the start time for the jobs to run in 24hr format.

One answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jan 14 '13, 8:28 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, John. I fear you have already located all of the settings available (and if you hover of many of them it suggests they not be changed).

In general, I think you'd want these jobs to run every day so that time-based reports/graphs don't have missing days (when values would need to be calculated as of that run). What is it you are trying to accomplish?

Comments
John Owen commented Jan 15 '13, 4:01 a.m.

Hi - we thought we had observed that the data collection jobs weren't being run at weekends for some reason but copying/ pasting the job status results into a spreadsheet revealed that they were.  Therefore as you say I think I have access to all the required parameters to change settings/ frequencies if needed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.