It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Just want to ask if there is a way wherein we can get the date and time of where a Work Request was assigned to an Impact Assessor by the Delivery Team Lead/Project Manager.

Ankit Jain (6423639) | asked Jan 07 '13, 10:16 p.m.

Just want to ask if there is a way wherein we can get the date and time of where a Work Request was assigned to an Impact Assessor by the Delivery Team Lead/Project Manager. Is there a particular field we can add as attribute so as we can include this in our queries for extraction of report. Thank you very much!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jan 08 '13, 4:15 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you want to be able to use a query, you'll need to add an attribute (that you can query on). You'll also have to manage this attribute yourself, likely needing to create at least a script-based customization to set the date value when an assignment is made. What may prove difficult are the other parts: knowing the role of the new owner and person doing the assignment. There are several recent forum posts that discuss the difficulty (or lack of ability) to retrieve roles of users via scripting.

So the first part of your question is relatively easy: Can I track the date an assignment is made? This post discusses a similar situation where someone wanted to track a date and includes some example code: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/92119/how-do-i-get-this-attribute-customization-working-setting-a-state-date-time-in-a-work-item?page=1&focusedAnswerId=93550#93550

The second part of your question isn't as simple: Can I track the date an assignment is made by a person in this role to a person in that role? This may require a deeper customization using Java and writing a process contribution.

Another angle, which I don't have the experience to describe in detail, might be to process the work item's history, looking for owner assignment events and using the date of the change, assuming the users have the appropriate roles. This path may be available if you are only interested in reports containing this information but wouldn't help with normal queries.
Ankit Jain selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ankit Jain commented Jan 09 '13, 1:46 a.m.

Thank you Millard.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.