It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Completing RTC Timeline

Scott Dickerson (11) | asked Oct 18 '16, 11:53 a.m.
I have a bunch of old timelines created in my project, but they still show as active running with their last iteration marked as in progress, and worse, their completed work items show under the Future Work section of the My Work View.  I have been using mark as current Iteration to move from Iteration to Iteration, but I can't figure out how to complete the Last iteration for each timeline.

How can I complete these old timelines without Deleting them?

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Oct 18 '16, 3:33 p.m.

Are those time lines open ended ?  You might think of setting the time line end date to +1 day beyond the end date of the final iteration.

Scott Dickerson commented Oct 18 '16, 4:08 p.m.

even with end dates set, they still show as with the little In Progress indicator in the Timeline view.  (And their completed work items still show under Future Work)

They do get removed from Future Work if I archive the old timelines.  I decided to go ahead and do that, since I found out on the forum that I could "unarchive" the timeline if I had to.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 19 '16, 2:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 19 '16, 2:52 a.m.
It is only possible to set the current iteration. If you have an iteration behind all other iterations,this would be a typical backlog iteration, you can set that as current, which completes all other iterations. You can archive the current iteration, but I am not sure if that removes it from the views you mention. If there is no more work to be done on a timeline, I would archive it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.