It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM setup page is not loading

anoop mc (74811199221) | asked Jan 04 '13, 6:15 a.m.
Hi,

To test the integration with RQM and QTP. I have to create a test bed installing

1. RQM Version 2.0.1 iFIX005

The installation was successful,after starting the IBM RQM Server Service when I tried to launch the setup wizard  (https://localhost:9443/jazz/setup) it says loading.

Attached is the snapshot of the same. I am sure that some of us might have faced such an issue.

RQM Setup Wizard Issue

7 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jan 04 '13, 7:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

This looks like the user you have used to start the server does not have access to the directories where RTC is installed.

Try opening a shell as an administrator on the server, then running server.startup again.

What OS are you running on?

anthony

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jan 04 '13, 8:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 It looks like you are running under a Windows OS
When you start the server, try using the "Run as Administrator" option.

Ara

permanent link
anoop mc (74811199221) | answered Jan 04 '13, 8:14 a.m.
edited Jan 04 '13, 8:16 a.m.
Hi,

I am running under windows 7 OS.   please find my answers below

When you start the server, try using the "Run as Administrator" option. - This option is not working for me. when I select Run as administrator it just flashes off.

Normally if I got to start the server service it show the above screen saying "Server start up in 72 ms"

Try opening a shell as an administrator on the server, then running server.startup again. - I have tried invoking the .bat file via command line also but no luck

Note: The user with which I am running is having administrator rights on the machine and even I have tested the latest versions like 3.01. and 4.0 everything worked fine on this machine.

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jan 04 '13, 8:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 04 '13, 8:26 a.m.
 If you are running Windows 7 try this:go to the run box and type in something 'cmd'

Now instead of hitting the Enter key, use Ctrl+Shift + Enter. You will be prompted with the  User Account Control dialog… but it will then open up a command prompt in Administrator mode.

Then try starting the server in this mode from the command line

Note: Windows 7 was never a supported platform for the 2.x version, keep that in mind if this is a mission critical install

If you are running Windows 7 try this:go to the run box and type in something cmd

Now instead of hitting the Enter key, use Ctrl+Shift + Enter. You will be prompted with the  User Account Control dialog… but it will then open up a command prompt in Administrator mode.

Then try starting the server in this mode

Note: Windows 7 was never a supported platform for the 2.x version, keep that in mind if this is a mission critical install

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3580&uid=swg27015932#HW

Comments
anoop mc commented Jan 04 '13, 8:53 a.m.

Ara - Thanks for providing different ideas. I tried but no luck.

So I am planning to test with RQM 3.0.1 assuming this should go on well.

Ara Masrof commented Jan 04 '13, 10:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Anoop,

When you run this from the command line, does the command window just close as soon as the command starts to run? If so, try running something like this:

server.startup.bat > Outputcmd.dat

Presumably it will fail as it has for past attempts; open the 'Outputcmd.dat' file and see if there is any information in there that may help diagnose the issue

Ara

permanent link
anoop mc (74811199221) | answered Jan 06 '13, 3:04 a.m.
 Hi Ara,

Exactly the same issue - 
run this from the command line, does the command window just close as soon as the command starts to run?

This is what I am facing now. The Outputcmd.dat content are as below. The same issue I am facing with version 3.0.1 and 4.0

Using CATALINA_BASE:   "C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat"
Using CATALINA_HOME:   "C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat"
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: "C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\temp"
Using JRE_HOME:        "C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\jre"
Using CLASSPATH:       "C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\bin\tomcat-juli.jar"

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jan 06 '13, 4:54 a.m.
Could you check if there are multiple java processes running in the task manager?
If so, kill all and please start the server again.

Best Regards
Rajat

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jan 06 '13, 5:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Another thing to check is to make sure you do NOT install in the C:\Program Files (x86) directory (Windows 7 default installation directory).  I recommend you use another directory (I use c:\ibm) and then make sure you either Run as Administrator or the user has read/write permission on that directory.

Also - if you have tried to install as a service, don't try and run from the command line and have the service running in the background.  Set the service startup to manual and stop the service before trying to run from the commandline.  Once we have you running on the commandline - we can look at starting as a service.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.