It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Provide Defects from Quality Manager

Will Girard (1516) | asked May 02 '17, 5:24 a.m.

Hello

A couple of months ago we have upgraded from clm 4.0.6 to 6.0.2. Now we wanted to create e new lifecycle project. I've done this but it seems to take the defects from CCM (/ccm). In our older projects we have the defects in Quality Manager (/jazz).

Is it possible to provide the defects for a projects from Quality Manger instead of CCM?

Here is a picture of an old project which has been migrated and where you can see that /jazz provides defects and uses defects.

And this is the picture of the new project where you see that CCM provides the defects and Quality Manager uses the defects from CCM

Does anyone have an idea how i can achieve this?

Thank you in advance.
-Willi

PS: Sorry for the links, but i'm not allowed to upload any images.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered May 02 '17, 6:12 a.m.

Hi, Will

It is likely the old QM project was migrated from v2.x in which QM has its own defect and task work item feature.
In the later version 3.0.x and over, only RQM legacy template will provide similar features. If you create the new version's lifecycle project areas, QM default template will be used and it will use the defects/tasks from RTC(ccm) which is now hosting the workitems by default.
So if you still want to create the similar legacy QM project, you need to use legacy process template. After creating the project area, you can then associate it with requirement project etc to create a lifecycle project.

Will Girard selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Will Girard commented May 02 '17, 1:30 p.m.

Hi Don

You are right. We tried your suggestion and it work as expected.

Thank you for your help
-Will

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.