It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Iterations not showing up when trying to create Test Schedules

Heather Stapleton (323) | asked Jan 02 '13, 2:23 p.m.
We were recently updated to version 4.0.1. Before we used the Test Milestones in the Test Schedule when creating Test Execution Records. Now when I try to create Test Schedules it seems I need to selected a Parent Iteration first. When I click on Browse to find a parent iteration I see all the old milestones from previous releases were auto-migrated during the upgrade to 4.0.1. So I went to Manage this project area to create new releases and iterations under Timelines. I am able to create Timelines and Iterations with no problems but when I go back to Test Schedules in my Test Plan they don't show up. I was sure to select the checkbox for "A release is scheduled for this iteration". I still only see the old ones that were auto-migrated during the upgrade. I have followed all the training and online help and tutorials and I don't see what I am doing differently. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jan 06 '13, 6:32 a.m.
Currently the auto migrated is set as the project timeline.
You may either add the new iterations under this project timeline (this will list your iterations under Auto Migrated) or create a new timeline and set that as the project timeline and then add new iterations under it.

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards
Rajat
Heather Stapleton selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Heather Stapleton commented Jan 07 '13, 8:46 a.m.

Yes that did it. Thank you so much.

One other answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Jan 06 '13, 2:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please make new timeline as your project timeline from the Manage Project Area -> Timelines. Select the new timeline and click on the icon "Set the selected Timeline as project Timeline".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.