It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reviews and Collections not working as expected

Stephen Toop (11112223) | asked Dec 17 '12, 9:38 a.m.
 Hello,

Using RRC 3.0.1.3 and 4.0.

I trying to create a collection that is set to the version of the artifacts used in a review.

According to the RRC help text:
"Reasons for creating collections"
  • Capture the approved version of a set of requirements. For example, you can capture a set of artifacts that have been approved in a formal review. You can then work on changes to the requirements while the collection continues to show only the approved versions.

This is exactly what I need, yet when I create a collection from a finalized review and then edit an artifact the "live" version is now shown in the collection, not the reviewed version.

Has anyone managed to do this?
Any advice on the procedure?

Thanks
Stephen Toop 

2 answers

permanent link
Mark Prout (13411510) | answered Dec 17 '12, 11:05 a.m.
 Hi Steve,

This is a known 'feature' :)  The expected behavior is mentioned by work item 53773.

One of the workflow's that may provide sufficient capability is to create a formal review of the collection ensuring that a naming convention is used such as 'sprint 1 collection x'.  When a user wishes to view the desired version of an artifact have them navigate to the collection and then the collection's review.  From the review selecting any of the listed artifacts will lead to the correct version of it, from this point any further linked artifacts will be shown at the version that existed at the time of the collection's creation.

Hope this helps,
Mark

permanent link
Bruce Korn (1912) | answered Jan 02 '13, 5:10 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hey Stephen...I hope Mark's answer to your question has helped you accomplish what you are set out to do.

I should add that you have pointed out a defect in our documentation. Versioning from within a collection was a feature in V2 of RRC, but it was eliminated for various reasons in V3 and V4. The doc text that you referenced is incorrect, but I will be fixing it immediately.

Thank you for the feedback,  and again, I hope Mark's workaround instructions has helped you out.

Bruce

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.