It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Diagnostics: Network address resolution --> complaing anout ibm.com

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Dec 03 '12, 11:54 a.m.
Hello,

I just migrated to CLM 4.0.1 from 4.0.0.0-> 4.0.0.1.  I noticed something which did not showed up at least in 4.0.0.0. In jts/admin -> Diagnostics, I see the following

Network address resolution
WARNING Last executed: 12/3/12 11:50 AM
CRJAZ2549W Network address resolution for hostname ibm.com did not complete within 10 seconds. Hostname resolution should complete quickly, whether the hostname is valid or not. Check the network settings related to the Domain Name System.
JAZZLNX

JAZZLNX is my proxy server name, which does not use ibm.com for sure. Why do I get the resolution issue for ibm.com? The servers do not have internet access and do not need to access ibm.com. Where can I change the value so that it won't try to connect to ibm.com?

Thanks and regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11319) | answered Dec 11 '12, 11:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are properties below in JTS advanced properties page:
com.ibm.team.repository.service.diagnostics.basic.internal.DNSResolutionDiagnostic
- Name Resolution Test Hostname (default = ibm.com)
- Threshold for network address resolution (default = 10)

The warning
CRJAZ2549W indicates the DNS server does not report back fast enough (in this case, it's 10 seconds) when the hostname is unknown.
Frank Ning selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Frank Ning (50025119133) | answered Dec 09 '12, 7:58 p.m.
Did anyone see the similar error with CLM 4.0.1.0 on the intranet without internet access? Why CLM tries to access ibm.com?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.