It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Differences between web and eclipse clients

William Krebs (1111) | asked Oct 26 '08, 10:13 p.m.
Hi, does someone have a list of functions available in the eclipse client that aren't included in the web browser client? I'm excited about using both but just need to give folks a heads up if there are differences. Thanks! Bill

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 26 '09, 3:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, does someone have a list of functions available in the eclipse client that aren't included in the web browser client? I'm excited about using both but just need to give folks a heads up if there are differences. Thanks! Bill

Hi Bill

I took a look at this recently, and came up with this (1.0.1.1)

From a developer viewpoint, a user has the ability to:

1) Select project areas
2) Access, create and modify dashboards
3) Access, create and modify work items
4) Access plans and their associated work items
5) Access, view and download files kept under source control
6) Access, create, and modify the report

The WebUI client does not have some of the Eclipse drag and drop capabilities (for example, setting a work item as the current worked-on item) but generally these capabilities are available by other mechanisms such as a pull-down menu. While a developer will have access to a file to download it, they cannot upload a file into source control directly from the WebUI.

For more details, please see the Help file and for each of the capabilities, the Web client capabilities are explicitly stated.

Does that help as a starting point?

anthony

permanent link
Nelson Jordan (56132) | answered Mar 25 '09, 6:56 p.m.
Hi All, I would also like to know the differences between the web and the eclipse clients

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.