It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exporting the list of change sets between two snapshots

Alan D (15631311) | asked Nov 01 '11, 6:44 a.m.
I'm using 2.0.0.1, and have completed a build from a Stream.

I've opened the new Snapshot, and clicked 'Show Changes'.

The Change Explorer window opens and I can expand each of the components and see the change sets included in the new build, but I can't copy and paste this list.

Does anyone know an *easy* way to export this list to a csv/spreadsheet/text file etc?

One answer

permanent link
Alan D (15631311) | answered Nov 01 '11, 6:57 a.m.

Does anyone know an *easy* way to export this list to a csv/spreadsheet/text file etc?

I can do this via Team Central --> Open the Feed for associating the snapshot with the stream, but this option is rubbish! The Team Central view doesn't tell me what change sets are associated with what components, and doesn't display the users who checked these change sets into the component - I can see both items of info in Change Explorer but can't export it.

I could open each Delivery feed into the stream and get the information on a delivery by delivery basis, but let's face it, this is a clumsy approach.

Being able to compare 2 snapshots and get the change set list for each compenent as well as the user who delivered the change set would be beneficial for Release Notes and check out.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.