It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Snapshot immuatability : how to make it un-deletable ?

Gilles Tabary (7676) | asked Oct 18 '10, 5:02 a.m.
Hello.

I browsed around but I can't find an answer to that : how can I make sure a snaspshot is immutable in terms of 1) can not be deleted 2) an other snapshot can not be created with the same name 3) not renamable.

I explored
* (RTC) permissions, behaviors. What am I missing ?
* (Article) Controlling access to source control in Rational Team Control 2.0 with some Write protection scenarios.
* (Forum) Patterns for protecing source code
* (Forum) SCM Best-practice baseline and snapshots
* (Doc) Project and process concepts for permissions and behaviors.

Key words : how to make sure a snapshot is undeletable, write protect snapshot, how to make sure a snapshot is not renamed.

Regards.
G.

One answer

permanent link
Gilles Tabary (7676) | answered Dec 14 '10, 11:09 a.m.
Hello.

I browsed around but I can't find an answer to that : how can I make sure a snaspshot is immutable in terms of 1) can not be deleted 2) an other snapshot can not be created with the same name 3) not renamable.

I explored
* (RTC) permissions, behaviors. What am I missing ?
* (Article) Controlling access to source control in Rational Team Control 2.0 with some Write protection scenarios.
* (Forum) Patterns for protecing source code
* (Forum) SCM Best-practice baseline and snapshots
* (Doc) Project and process concepts for permissions and behaviors.

Key words : how to make sure a snapshot is undeletable, write protect snapshot, how to make sure a snapshot is not renamed.

Regards.
G.

Hi.

* I just saw Enhancement 74775 : Allow baselines/snapshots to be locked.
* Also, found permissions : Source Control - Save Snapshot * Delete Snapshot * Modify Name and Description. Would have been nice to be pointed to that one.

Bye.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.