It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI 2.0.1 64bit broken.

Jachul Koo (111) | asked Dec 03 '12, 12:03 a.m.
I downloaded RTC4.0.1 and RRDI2.0.1 for 64bit.

I got 3 files(RRDI).
 1. Web Installers for Windwos : It is very very slow to download.
 2. Installation Manager repo All : Too heavy and very slow download speed.
 3. Installation Manager repo Windows x86-64 : Zip file broken.

My server is 64bit for Windows.
So I installed 64bit WAS.
"Web Installers for Windwos" and "Web Installers for Windwos" are successfuly installed.
but, setup for rrdi... i've got blow message...
===========
CRRRA0063E: WebSphere 설치 디렉토리 및 HTTP 포트의 유효성을 검증하는 중 오류가 발생함: CRRRA0205E: IBM Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence의 서버 인스턴스와 IBM WebSphere Application Server의 서버 인스턴스에 대해 서로 다른 아키텍처(32비트 또는 64비트)를 발견했습니다..
===========
Case 1, 3.. are same situation. I've installed 64bit RRDI 15times....
For the files, right 64bit???
Please, need help fast...

Comments
Cheng-Yee Lin commented Dec 03 '12, 10:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Jachul,

Can you go through the following steps to confirm that the WAS and RRDI packages you installed are indeed 64 bits?

WAS installation:
. From a Command Prompt window, change into the [WAS-Install-Location]\bin directory.
. Run the following command:
    .\versionInfo.bat
. Near the end of its output, look for the "Architecture" property in the "Installed Product" section.  What is its value?

RRDI installation:
. From the Windows Task bar, run Start -> All Programs -> IBM Install Manager -? View Installed Packages
. Look for the "Program Group Architecture" property for IBM Rational Reporting.  What is its value?

Also, can you explain the specific issue you saw when the zip file for "Installation Manager repo Windows x86-64" you downloaded?  Was there an issue when you try to unzip the file?

Thanks.

Marwan Othman commented Dec 07 '12, 11:18 p.m. | edited Sep 26 '13, 4:26 a.m.

I have the same problem, I downloaded RRDI v2.0.1 twice for windows x86-64 and when I try to extract the package I receive an error explaining that part of the file is corrupted. ?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm currently downloading the 'All' package and I will see it it will work or not. 

Marwan Othman commented Dec 07 '12, 11:37 p.m. | edited Sep 26 '13, 4:26 a.m.
These the errors that I receive when extracting the RRDI 'ALL' and 'Windows x86-64' packages:

All:

!  CRC failed in native\cognos.supplangdoc_10.1.1.20111205_1200.zip. The file is corrupt

Windows x86-64:
!   CRC failed in native\CBI_Win64_FP001_10.1.1.20120817.zip. The file is corrupt

For all I don't think it is important file, since it look like a documentation??!!

2 answers

permanent link
Cheng-Yee Lin (611) | answered Dec 08 '12, 12:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as we know, this could be attributed to several potential problems:

. Specifically on the 'Windows x86-64' package, it turned out that the original zip files was created by a zip utility which cannot handle the file size > 4 GB, which led to a corrupt zip file.  The problem has been created by 5AM Dec 26, 2012 EST.  So, the zip file downloaded after that specific time should work properly.

. The default download utilities may not always be reliable.  Please refer to the Download tops article at https://jazz.net/downloads/help.jsp.  A proper download manager would avoid the potential file transfer issues during the download.

. The Windows file system where any of those download zip files would be extracted should be an NTFS system, not a FAT32 system, since the FAT32 system does not handle file size > 4 GB properly.

. The zip utility which is used for extracting the zip files should be able to process file with > 4GB size.  The early versions of many zip software has a 4 GB file size limit, e.g. Winzip 8 and prior versions, and the zip utility on early version of the RedHat system.

Comments
Marwan Othman commented Dec 10 '12, 1:49 a.m. | edited Dec 10 '12, 1:51 a.m.

Thank you Cheng-Yee Lin. I have re-downloaded the Windows x86-64 version yesterday, and I was able to extract all the package files without problems.

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered Jan 07 '13, 3:39 a.m.
Hi Jachul,

I hope the other problem (CRRRA0063E and CRRRA0205E error) has already been addressed.

FYI, I got the same error when selecting WAS installation path, and no architecture info was returned by versionInfo.bat. The WAS version was 7.0.0.0 on Windows Server 2008 R2, and it has been resolved by applying WAS Fixpack. It appears Insight 1.1.1.1 (RRDI 2.0.1) setup wizard cannot get architecture info due to the defect (?) of WAS 7.0.0.0.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.