It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI setup error with MS SQL 2008 R2: CRRRA3018E The RIDW data source connection in Cognos failed to connect

Marinept Villalobos (472131) | asked Mar 03 '15, 7:52 p.m.
edited Mar 03 '15, 7:52 p.m.
Hello,  
I'm stuck with the RRDI 2.0.6 setup.
I have RRDI 2.0.6 on windows server 2008 R2, websphere 8.5 (developer version) and MSSQL server 2008 R2, using Mozilla Firefox to do the setup. Also, installed the MS SQL JDBC driver 4.1.

However, when I'm at the last step, "building and deploy reporting components", I get a message:

CRRRA3018E: The RIDW data source connection in Cognos failed to connect. Check if the database client is installed correctly or additional configurations are needed.

This happens right after deploying the EAR file.

I already have entered in Cognos Configuration and allowed anonymous access and created the same jazz user with administrative permissions and tested the RIDW connection with the following message:

QE-DEF-0285 The logon failed.

QE-DEF-0322 The connection string is invalid.

RQP-DEF-0068 Unable to connect to at least one database during a multi-database attach to 1 database(s) in:

testDataSourceConnection

UDA-SQL-0031 Unable to access the "testDataSourceConnection" database. Check that the connection parameters to the database are configured correctly. For example, ensure that the data source connection contains the signon information, such as a password, to connect to the database.

UDA-SQL-0534 Invalid connection string.

UDA-SQL-0206 The OLEDB driver returned the following value: HRESULT= -2147221164".

BME-EX-0144 Trace back:

BmtPlayTransaction.cpp(788): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: BmtPlayTransaction::DoAction

BmtActionsHelper.cpp(488): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: BmtActionsHelper::DoAction

QFSSession.cpp(1147): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()

QFSSession.cpp(1145): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()

QFSSession.cpp(2028): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession:: SessionProcessTestConnection()

Source/QE_RsApi.cpp(2070): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QE

Source/QEI_ConnectionFault. cpp(814): QFException: CCL_THROW: QE

Script Stack Trace

Action No=1   Action Name=TestDataSourceConnection

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 04 '15, 5:35 a.m.
Hello Marinept,

in addition to the jdbc client you also need the "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client for Microsoft SQL Server" installed on the RRDI server.

See the solution proposed in this technote for details:

RRDI 2.0: The logon failed.QE-DEF-0322 The connection string is invalid
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21647579

Best Regards
Francesco Chiossi
Marinept Villalobos selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Marinept Villalobos commented Mar 04 '15, 8:14 a.m.

Hello, Francesco.

Thanks for the information, I was able to complete the setup sucessfully.
Regards,
M.V

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.