It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy items from one RTC server/repository to another

Yoel Eilat (111) | asked Nov 20 '12, 8:14 a.m.
Hi,
I'm using RTC and I two Project Areas.
The first "project_area_1" is on "server_A" and the second "project_area_2" is on "server_B".

I would like to mass copy/move all Enhancements from project_area_1 to project_area_2.
Is this supported today?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (55.8k23642) | answered Nov 20 '12, 11:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Yoel,

please see: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreas for a description on how to do that. Be aware that you should definitely install a throw-away RTC eclipse client with exactly the version number mentioned in the entry and apply the modification only there.

Comments
Yoel Eilat commented Nov 21 '12, 12:11 p.m.

Hi Ralph, 

Thank for the answer!
I read the link you included thoroughly, but it doesn't include any information as to how I actually USE this Bulk Move feature. Do I select a few items and then right click and do it from somewhere in the context menu?
Is there a plug-in interface that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '12, 12:16 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Today, in the vanilla RTC, you can select one work item in the RTC Eclipse client  and move/copy it somewhere else. If you select two or more work items, the selection does not provide the context menu entry for copy/move anymore.

If you install the plugins from the link above, the copy/move is also available if you select multiple work items in the Eclipse work item query view.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.