It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy items from one RTC server/repository to another

Yoel Eilat (111) | asked Nov 20 '12, 8:14 a.m.
Hi,
I'm using RTC and I two Project Areas.
The first "project_area_1" is on "server_A" and the second "project_area_2" is on "server_B".

I would like to mass copy/move all Enhancements from project_area_1 to project_area_2.
Is this supported today?

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 09 '20, 3:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 09 '20, 3:05 a.m.
This has been created by the Jazz Community: https://github.com/jazz-community/rtc-workitem-bulk-mover-ui . Note that this works only within one repository.

If you want to copy work items from one server to another the only option is to export the work item data (e.g. as a CSV file) and import the work item data into the other project area.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Bob 3 commented Mar 09 '20, 12:24 p.m.

Thank you, Ralph!

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 20 '12, 11:20 a.m.
Hi Yoel,

please see: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreas for a description on how to do that. Be aware that you should definitely install a throw-away RTC eclipse client with exactly the version number mentioned in the entry and apply the modification only there.

Comments
Yoel Eilat commented Nov 21 '12, 12:11 p.m.

Hi Ralph, 

Thank for the answer!
I read the link you included thoroughly, but it doesn't include any information as to how I actually USE this Bulk Move feature. Do I select a few items and then right click and do it from somewhere in the context menu?
Is there a plug-in interface that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '12, 12:16 p.m.

Today, in the vanilla RTC, you can select one work item in the RTC Eclipse client  and move/copy it somewhere else. If you select two or more work items, the selection does not provide the context menu entry for copy/move anymore.

If you install the plugins from the link above, the copy/move is also available if you select multiple work items in the Eclipse work item query view.

Bob 3 commented Mar 09 '20, 12:08 a.m.

I wondered if there is a more user-friendly answer to this question of copying work items from one project area to another 8 years hence?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.