It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrate RAM lifecycle by update asset attribute

pan tianming (4765644) | asked Nov 12 '12, 8:58 p.m.
After we upgrade our RAM server from 7202 to 7511, what we want to implement is migrate our original review process asset to 7511 new life cycle.
We got information is this can be done by update existing asset.
But we test result it not like we suppose:  we wish no need to update existing asset value, but we found it is impossible.
We must set RAM attribute like name to a differnt value , even if we set to current one it not take any effect.
Is this the right behavior?
Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Nov 13 '12, 9:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not exactly sure what you were trying to say. But lifecycle changes for an asset (i.e. moving from legacy to lifecycle, or from one lifecycle to another) are not done until an asset itself is updated.

It is only at the time of asset update is it determined what lifecycle the asset should be in after the update. It is at that time all of the lifecycle/legacy review selection conditions are tested on an asset. Until then changes to lifecycle/legacy review conditions do not apply.

Comments
Manjiri Kamat commented Nov 13 '12, 10:53 p.m.

Hi Richard,

We were trying the following :
1)Create a master lifecycle for the community
2)Resubmit the asset created in this community before the step 1) was done,so the asset has the legacy review applied for it

Behavior observed :Just by resubmitting the asset ,the lifecycle did not get applied,so i tried to update the name that is set the same name again and resubmit still no luck.
Then i changed the name to something else and submitted the asset,the lifecycle got applied for it.

Is this the expected behaviour?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.