It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirements Change Request from RM to CCM

Kenji Sarai (96039) | asked Nov 04 '12, 8:37 p.m.
I am verifying the sample lifecycle project "Money that matters" in CLM 4.0.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/MTM_Lifecycle_Understand

It looks like Requirements Change Request (RCR) can be initiated bi-directional, but there is no option to create the association (add "Provides - Requirements Change Request") from RM project area.

Would it be possible to make RCR from RM to CCM, like DOORS 9.4 can do?
DOORS: https://jazz.net/library/article/624

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 06 '12, 9:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe that this option to add "Provides - Requirements Change Request" from RM project area is only at the moment a DOORS feature, to manage your requirements, and use RTC to put your requirements under change control, preventing uncontrolled changes to your requirement set.

FYI: RRC V4.0.1 is introducing the concept of controlling access to content through artifacts locks but it is not as sophisticated as managing requirement changes in RTC.

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-requirements-composer/milestones/4.0.1M2?p=news#weblocks

Kenji Sarai selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 05 '12, 7:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kenji,
I'm looking at my Money that Matters project areas.  By default, the RM project area has a Uses - Requirements Change Requests association, and the CCM project area has a Provides - Requirements Change Requests association.  These associations can be added manually.  Is this what you mean?

Comments
Kenji Sarai commented Nov 05 '12, 7:29 p.m.

Hi Lauren,
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I am aware that CCM project area has a Provides - Requirements Change Requests association. But in order to initiate RCR from RM to CCM (not in the reverse direction), I believe I need to add "Provides - Requirements Change Request" from RM project area. Do I understand correctly? If so, how can I create RCR from RM to CCM? Thanks again.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Nov 06 '12, 6:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Kenji,
If it's not an option listed when you try to add associations, I'm not sure how to do it.  So that I can better understand, why are you trying to set up the association in the opposite direction from the default?

Kenji Sarai commented Nov 09 '12, 2:52 a.m.

We are just wondering if it can be a bi-directional that will increase more flexibility. We understand it is a limitation at RRC 4.0. Thanks Lauren, and Robin. 

permanent link
JM Seo (2622) | answered Nov 27 '12, 12:26 a.m.
Without having "Provides" association, it seems you can still create a workitem or assign an existing one to control RCR. But I'm not sure if you could control access to a RM artifact under RCR in certain states as DOORS + RTC integration, which I found a bit weird since RRC should be more seamlessly integrated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.