It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

configure build duration report - missing team area and build definitions

marlies santos (15134) | asked Nov 01 '12, 3:05 p.m.
Hi, 
I've added the build duration widget to the project dashboard, but when I try to configure it, I don't see the build definitions to choose from. This appears to be the only required field. Is there anything I need to set on the build definitions side or anywhere else for them to show up in the widget configuration? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 02 '12, 11:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We discussed this and I believe it is related to the build definitions belonging to the project area and not the team areas. Once the build definitions are owned by the team areas and some builds are run and the data collection jobs were performed there should be values to select.
marlies santos selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
James Henton commented Nov 29 '12, 7:10 a.m.

Hi,... This is a very similar issue that I am also trying to work though. 

The answer seems to make sense... but i am wondering how to update the build definition to belong to the team area and not the project? 
Its likely that i would need more access privileges to the server / project... can someone please steer me as to what user permissions i would need and where to change this property. 
Thanks, Jim 

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 29 '12, 7:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

See if you can save the change and if not ask your project admin to do it, or ask for the permissions described in the error message.

James Henton commented Nov 29 '12, 8:36 a.m.

Thanks for the quick answer Ralph.

Perhaps a silly question... but where should we be looking for that setting?
I cannot see a build definition setting in the project administration view i have in either the RQM or RTC web clients. (What am i missing here?)
Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.