It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to revert customization in an EWM project area?

Carlos Isacovich (59113) | asked Jan 12 '22, 3:46 p.m.
We have an EWM project area defining the process for several other project areas. There are no specific customizations in those child areas: all of them uses the process as defined in the parent project area.
But, by mistake, we customized some items (like Types and Attributes) in one of the child project areas. Is it possible to revert this customization so the child project area inherits again those definitions from the parent project area?
We are working with ELM 7.0.2 in Windows Server 2019 Standard, with DB2 11.1 and full WAS 9.0.5.8

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 13 '22, 2:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 13 '22, 2:40 a.m.

Carlos,

I would suggest to open a case with support to verify.

Here is what I have done in the past - note, only on my test systems:

Open the project area (child) in the Eclipse client from the Team Artifacts view.
Go to the Process Configuration Source tab.
Right click into the process xml and select Show History. 
You can now access the process XML of historical states. You can select and copy the process XML.
You can select and copy a valid state in the past and copy it into the copy buffer and then paste it over the current process configuration source. If you save the process is back to that configuration.

Caveats and considerations - Any additions of attributes, with their ID's etc, remain in the (child) database as far as I can tell. You will not be able to access the data, but it will be there. In the Child project area, you will likely not be able to create attributes with one of the old ID's and things like that. Same with enumerations that are stored in the database.

I do not know if there are any potential issues if you try to reintroduce the changes in the parent project areas process.

You definitely want to consider to check the Final (ignore customization of this data in child project areas)  checkbox in the parent process to avoid this from happening again. The checkbox alone does not roll back the changes. 

Disclaimer: This is a forum, I am not responsible for any damage to your system or data etc...

Carlos Isacovich selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Carlos Isacovich commented Jan 17 '22, 1:05 p.m.
Thanks a lot, Ralph! It works fine, at least for us.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 18 '22, 2:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it helped you.

Please consider to check the  Final (ignore customization of this data in child project areas)  checkbox in the parent process to prevent you from getting into the situation again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.